4" X 7" Thermal Labels
Over the past few years, we have seen a growing demand for 4 Inch X 7 Inch thermal transfer and direct thermal labels. Why the reason for the change?
4 X 7 Inch Thermal Labels With A "Tab" Allow For Additional Content
Most times it’s a move from a standard 4 Inch X 6 Inch thermal label to the larger 4 Inch X 7 Inch thermal label to allow for expanded information and most times a removable 1 Inch tab to apply to internal documentation.
The tab commonly contains information such as:
- Order Number
- Order Date
- Tracking or Pro Number
- Pick Ticket Number
- Internal Barcode
4 X 7 Inch Thermal Labels With NO Tab
In some cases, Labelmatch has produced a 4 X 7 thermal label without the 1" tab at the top. In these cases, 4 X 6 or smaller labels will not suffice without giving up content. Labelmatch does have the tooling to produce this product but it is not a stock product.
Questions and Answers Regarding 4 X 7 Thermal Labels
Q: Can we run the 4 Inch X 7 Inch Thermal Labels as direct thermal (no ribbon required) and thermal transfer (ribbon required)?
A: Yes, Labelmatch can provide either direct thermal (no ribbon required) or thermal transfer (thermal transfer ribbon required)
Q: What 4 X 7 roll size options are available?
A: We have produced the following variations.
- 3″ Core with 8″ Outside Diameter – Direct Thermal or Thermal Transfer Labels Wound In or Wound Out
- 1″ Core with 4″ Outside Diameter -Direct Thermal or Thermal Transfer Labels Wound Out
- 1″ Core with 5″ Outside Diameter -Direct Thermal or Thermal Transfer Labels Wound Out
The 8 Inch diameter rolls are used in industrial/commercial sized thermal printers. The 5 Inch and 4 Inch diameter rolls are generally used in desktop (clamshell) printers.
Q: Can you produce the 4 X 7 Thermal Labels as a fanfold product?
A: Yes. Generally, we produce them as 1000 or 2000 labels per stack with 2 stacks per carton (we love the fanfold option as it allows users to run large batches and leave the printer unattended to re-stack as they are printed.
Q: Does Labelmatch carry 4 Inch X 7 Inch thermal labels as stock items?
A: No, and to our knowledge, they are not available as stock items in the marketplace. But, we have all the tooling required so the only cost is the labels and shipping.
I Want To Order. What Should I Expect?
We make it easy. 20 years of experience and our “YES Company” culture ensure the best experience and the best price. We will need to know:
- Make and model number of your thermal printer (for example, Zebra, Datamax, Sato, TEC, etc.)
- 4 X 7 label type. Do you want it direct thermal (no ribbon required) or thermal transfer (thermal transfer ribbon required)?
- Will it be produced on rolls or fanfold? We will ask a few additional questions here.
- Order will be placed and a proof, if necessary, will be supplied at no charge.
- Lead times can vary but you should expect 5 to 10 business days for production after proof approval.
Labelmatch is open Monday – Friday from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM EST.
Give us a call at 1-800-726-7334. Or contact us via Live Chat!